Friday, September 02, 2011

Be Choosy, Fit Your Philosophy and Be Creative

Well, judging by my last three posts, pictures of threes are popular:
  1. 3 football players
  2. 3 cute kids (I'm a proud Dad!)
  3. Video thumbnail of 3 on the football field
I read an interesting article last week in BC Business Magazine:
It had three lessons. Briefly, be choosy with your marketing; Keep an eye on events, and when you find one that might fit your philosophy and style, act fast; and replace money with creativity. In other words, build your word-of-mouth marketing from the bottom UP and let your work speak for itself!

Hockey fits the bill in those areas for me. I voiced my first promo commercial Thursday for the WHL on Shaw TV. This is season five doing that. It came about after my first season in 2006 of voicing MSG-TV openings for the Buffalo Sabres. The Brandon Wheat Kings will be in Moose Jaw September 22 as the new arena, Mosaic Place, opens up in MJ. Former NHL coach, Cory Clouston, will be behind the bench for Brandon. 

Look UP Friday night in Kelowna and you'll see me and my music man, 
Cory Bell-Esau, in the press box at Rutland Arena.
You'll hear me as the public address announcer tonight. We are glad to be back for the Kelowna Chiefs' second season in the KIJHL. It is an exhibition game against the North Okanagan Knights. Our regular season home opener is September 17 against the Spokane Braves.

No comments:

Post a Comment