Monday, August 04, 2008

Quenching your thirst?

I have NOT had one slush or slushie or slurpee this summer. Pretty hard to avoid though with all the great flavors available - like "live bait." Salmon slush anyone?

I took the picture above at a nearby gas station on Friday. The attendant said it was okay if I did - even though I got just $20 dollars worth of gas and turned down her request to buy a lottery ticket:) Nobody matched all 6 numbers on Saturday for $36 million dollars so the Lotto 6/49 jackpot will be an estimated $43 million dollars this Wednesday. Yes, that would be a wonderful anniversary present for my wife next Wednesday as we celebrate anniversary #20 on the 13th! I worked on my summer "pro tan" two weeks ago at the family cabin. I came away with a red lobster chest...ouch!..for you fans of the Boston Red Sox, let's just say I was "Coco Crisp"....

Many more Canadians are now on the Red Sox bandwagon after the $20 million dollar man, Manny Ramirez, was traded to the LA Dodgers while Trail, BC's Jason Bay came over from Pittsburgh.

Congratulations to the voice of the Seattle Mariners, Dave Niehaus. It was"Dave Niehaus Day" yesterday at Safeco Field. He has been with the Mariners since their inception in 1977. Just eight days ago he entered the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, N.Y. as the winner of the Ford C. Frick Award for broadcasting excellence. Here are many more links to explore for this legendary storyteller.

Finally, here I am "Live from New York, it's Saturday Night!" Well, actually it was "Live from Kelowna Saturday Afternoon!" on July 5, 2008. Click here for my radio aircheck. It starts off with the crazy details of that famous hot dog eating contest in New York, bad local drivers and the US state which is the fattest.

No comments:

Post a Comment