Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Elvis – and the Sabres - have left the building!

How was your April Fools' Day?
My son, Jordan, and I went to a concert in Buffalo...
My opener on MSG-TV tonight said: THE SABRES SURVIVED OVERTIME ON SUNDAY TO LIVE ANOTHER DAY. THREE GAMES LEFT...ALL “MUST WINS”...ALL ON THE ROAD. FIRST STOP...THE A-C-C. THE LEAFS ARE OUT...AND WILL TRY TO DISMISS THE SABRES FROM THE RACE FOR THE PLAYOFFS.

Buffalo scored with just over five minutes left (#33 for Thomas Vanek!) to tie it up (3-3) and then in the sixth round of the shootout, Maxim Afinogenov, faked right and shot left against Toronto goalie Andrew Raycroft to give us the victory! A-R is a former Bruin and we beat Boston in overtime on Sunday, 2-1. Needed those two points as well! The Sabres' slim playoff hopes remain "on their last breath" (that was in my script Sunday) with two games left: Montreal on Thursday and Boston this Saturday.
Last Saturday, my son Jordan became a teenager! On March 19, Billy Pinter did too. His dad, Joe Pinter, is one of the producers for the MSG-TV Sabre broadcasts. Unfortunately, Joe has had to work on his son's birthday for six straight years!
Last week, another Voices.com lead came through for me. It was imaging for the Independent Comedy Network for a faux internet newscast. This afternoon the first episode of W4 News was released and that's me "getting the ball rolling" with my voice. Look and listen at that link and you will laugh! Four more episodes to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment