Monday, January 21, 2013

PA for the Kelowna Rockets Feb. 28 & March 6!

Well, I can cross that off my buck(puck)et list soon!
Two nights ago I had a chance to sit in with the Kelowna Rockets' public address announcer, Bill Barnes, as the team won their 19th straight on home ice! I had a great view "above the crowd" (see previous post) and look forward to filling in for Bill for two games down the road.
Rockets salute fans after 5-3 win against Vancouver Giants!
#11 Carter Rigby had a hat trick.
I had a great view like this from the press box one other time: Friday, Jan. 30, 2009 when I was in the Shaw suite when the Rockets beat Medicine Hat, 10-1. Before that game I had a chance to meet Rockets Skills Development coach, Kim Gellert. Nice guy - who also happens to be employed by the Buffalo Sabres as an Amateur Scout.

Here are a few more great Kelowna Rockets memories I have shared on this blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment