Sunday, July 03, 2011

Yankee Doodle Dandy!

This is my 44th post of the year...so Happy July 4th or 44th!? 
Number 44, BC's Jason Bay, helped the New York Mets beat the Yankees, 3-2, in extra innings today - spoiling the 44th birthday of Yankees GM, Brian Cashman. One year ago on July 4th, I paid tribute to the Yankees on my blog: Happy July 4th! Classic Steinbrenner on "Seinfeld." 
The most famous number 44 in Yankees' history? Of course, Reggie Jackson. His number was retired in 1993. This list includes all the players who have had their numbers retired by the Yankees.
Seven time NHL All-Star Paul Kariya announced his retirement the other day. I paid tribute to Paul on my blog in early 2008: Fine 4444orm!
Now, in fine form with the title of today's blog post: 

No comments:

Post a Comment