- Buffalo 3 Toronto 0
- Washington 3 Carolina 2
- Colorado 3 Tampa Bay 0 - Craig Anderson made 33 saves for his third shutout of the season. Matt Duchene, the 18-year old taken third in this year's entry draft, was the first star of the game with two goals.
- Atlanta 4 Florida 3
- Pittsburgh 5 New York Rangers 2
- Columbus 5 St. Louis 2
- Detroit 4 Dallas 1
I am currently third in my Hockey Pool - just three points out of first!
What an amazing display on Monday Night Football for Drew Brees (18 of 23 passes for 371 yards and five touchdowns) and the New Orleans Saints! They beat New England 38-17 to remain undefeated at 11-0.
Number three for the Saints is kicker John Carney. He played in his 300th career NFL game tonight. Only five others have done that. Number one on the list with 382 games played:
-- Kicker Morten Andersen, who was with New Orleans from 1982-1994. He was with four other teams too in his career.
-- Number two on the list with 353 games played was another kicker, Gary Anderson, who was with Pittsburgh from 1982-1994. Like Morten, he played with four other teams.
3) 347 games and counting for Jeff Feagles, who is still punting for the New York Giants
4) George Blanda played 340 games between 1949-1975
5) Jerry Rice played in 303 games over twenty seasons (1985-2004) finishing as the most prolific receiver in NFL history with 1, 549 receptions.
Canada's championship football game, the Grey Cup, was played on Sunday and became the most-watched program on Canadian TV this year. As I predicted last Monday on this blog, Montreal won. 28-27 over Saskatchewan. It was an UNBELIEVABLE finish! Have a look: