Friday, November 23, 2007

Voice 123 and 23andme

The 16th annual "Living Nativity" is coming to my church December 7-9. This video with my voiceover is "hot off the press" and will be shown during weekend services tomorrow and Sunday.

Voice 123 launched the SmartCast system 4 1/2 months ago and I haven't been too pleased with how it has worked for me. In fact, I made fun of it here. But, SmartCast did land me this TV commercial for a bank in Kansas and I am looking forward to being the voice of a car dealer in Guelph, Ontario after an advertising agency apparently found me through Voice 123 this month.

Kansas is known as the Sunflower State. Now, spitting sunflower seeds is a popular thing when we go to baseball games. The big sunflower seed company out there is called Spitz. My friend, Guy Kawasaki, just wrote about a "spit party" on his blog. It doesn't involve sunflower seeds per se but unlocking the secrets of your own DNA. The company involved is 23andMe. Interesting pictures Guy - but I preferred your hockey references:)

2 comments:

  1. Ralph:

    Congrats on the new gigs, good on you!

    Best always,

    - Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by Peter. It's great when cheques follow in the mail...2 today:)
    I am wondering where YOUR hockey references are though...6 straight for the Sabres after tonight vs St. Louis??
    Have you been to any games yet this year?
    Cheers!
    -Ralph

    ReplyDelete